Tips in Cleaning A Portable Ice Maker
Nowadays, portable ice makers are used for a wide range of use. Thanks to portable ice makers, you never have to worry about running out of ice supply. This portable unit can easily produce ice in a few minutes. This explains why many prefer to have their own ice makers apart from having freezers. Considering that ice makers are widely used especially during summer season, it is crucial that you have proper cleaning and maintenance. This can lengthen the life of your portable ice maker and reduce the likelihood of experiencing problems.
Your portable ice maker could be one of the appliances in your home that is given least attention to cleaning. After taking out the ice that you need to refresh your thirst might be simply overlooked that it needs cleaning to provide you enough ice supply.
Cleaning Your Ice Maker
Taking a long time to clean the ice maker may cause some problems to its ice making process. This is because the water being used to produce the ice along from its source possibly carries different minerals and tiny particles that can only be noticed once they accumulate into something visible to the naked eye. The filter may fail to prevent dust and dirt clogging the system of the ice maker. Lime and mold build up will also result in the difficulty of the machine to make ice.
There is no rule to be followed as to how often the cleaning of the ice maker should be done. if the cleaning of the unit remains overlook, the ice will smaller, softer and cloudy. Once this kind of a situation is already obtaining in your ice maker, the needed cleaning should be done to restore back peak supply and great tasting ice. A day of delay may not help to lengthen the life of the ice maker but worsens it.
Cleaning the machine, however, may depend on the type of ice maker you have in your home. Some units are cleaned manually while others can do their cleaning automatically. You might not be oriented well how cleaning can be done. It may not be advisable to begin the job done without referring first to the owner’s instruction manual. The procedure is made simple so that you can follow it to success without the need of the assistance of a technician.
The moment you are already well-oriented by the manual on the things that you should do to clean the machine, gather first the materials that you will be using like a nickel-free machine wiper and a soft rag. These two things will help you a lot in your initiative to bring back the ice maker into its former desirable condition.
|Essential Values Ice Machine Cleaner, Nickel Safe Descaler | Ice Maker...||Check Price|
|Impresa Products Ice Machine Cleaner/Descaler - 4 Uses Per Bottle -...||Check Price|
|Affresh 4396808 Ice Machine Cleaner 16-Ounce||Check Price|
The following are the important tips that you will have to work on your ice maker:1. As an initial step, you must turn off the ice maker and keep sure that it is unplug from the source of electrical current. This is to avoid experiencing some electrical shock which might possibly happen. This is essential for safety purposes;
2. Take all whatever ice there is inside the ice maker and throw out all the water stock up so that it will not spill out and hinder your task;
3. Remove everything that is removable like ice tray, receptacle and molder by referring first to your manual how all of these things can be detached easily;
4. With the use of a mixture of one part of ice machine to three parts of water clean all the parts to remove thoroughly possible dust and rust inside the unit;
5. After this, you need to rinse the parts that you have cleaned with clean water to ensure that all sediments are washed out;
6. Replace the parts that need to be taken like water lining and filters; then, wipe down all the surfaces and the ice receptacles you have detached before you install them back to the unit;
7. Allow time for the machine to air dry because once you left it still wet and have not thoroughly dried, the moisture will again help to accumulate dirt inside the unit;
8. Having finished putting back all of the parts and accessories of the ice maker, plug the machine to the electrical source and restart it to test the difference in efficiency now as to then;
9. Once the machine has already been turned in on its ice-making process, you need to remove and discard the first batch of ice made until such time that the ice has regained the desired size, color and taste.
An ice maker with the automatic cleaning feature is easy to clean. You may just turn its automatic cleaning system and there the unit will work on to undertake its self-cleaning job. As a form of a reminder, without the need to overemphasize, the ice maker just like any other appliance unit needs a bit of your attention for cleaning. This is maintenance in all its form that will help prolong the longevity of your ice maker in the home.
For people who owned ice maker units intended for business, cleaning your machines regularly are required by law. This is because the health of your customers is of paramount concern most especially when you are in the food business industry.
Choosing Cleaning Tools and Solutions
When cleaning both the interior and exterior of your portable ice maker, you need to use equipment safe cleaning solutions. The most recommended tool that you can use for cleaning is just a soft cloth. You may also use vinegar or lemon to clean the interior of the ice maker. But just to be sure, you may opt to use a cleaning solution specifically created to this application.