Portable Ice Maker Preventive Maintenance Tips
For most people, life without a portable ice maker is unimaginable. In torrid countries near the equator, poor people are dying from heat waves as they have no access to ice makers. A cube ice machine that could be transported easily is a very useful appliance to have because it ensures that you have a continuous ice supply of high quality every time they are needed. Ice cubes are both for homes and commercial uses. There are many models of ice machines found in the market and people buy them based on their requirements.
Portable Machines Galore
Due to its multiple uses and purpose, there are many types of ice machines. Among them are: (1) Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker; (2) Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker; (3) Titanium Portable Ice Maker; (4) Portable Stainless Steel Clear Ice Maker; (5) Black Portable Ice Maker; (6) Large Capacity Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker; (7) Red Portable Ice Maker; (8) Stainless Steel Portable Ice Maker; (9) Portable Ice Maker; (10) Portable Ice Maker with LCD; (11) Igloo Portable Ice Maker; and many more.
- DESIGNED TO MAKE PERFECT ICE, FAST - Our ice maker works quickly, making 9 chewable,...
- COMPACT, PORTABLE ICE MACHINE - Good things come in small packages. Measuring at 9.5 x 12...
- INTELLIGENT FEATURES - You do enough thinking; let us help out. Our ice maker prevents...
- QUIET and ENERGY EFFICIENT - Electric ice maker is made to be chill; it runs at a mellow...
- COMES WITH BASKET and ICE SCOOP - ETL and FDA certified ice-maker comes with a 1.5 lb...
- Produces ice in under 10 minutes; Use tap water or bottled water
- Makes up to 26 pounds of ice per day; 2 different ice cube sizes
- Storage capacity: 1.5 lbs; Sized perfectly for countertops
- NOTE: While well insulated, this ice maker is not a freezer
- Excellent for RVs, cabins, boats, etc. / No drain required
- Compact & Portable- Perfect for your RV, boat, or small kitchen, this ice maker is...
- No installation required - just plug in unit, add water and enjoy a batch of ice in as...
- Easy-to-Use Controls- Turn this ice maker on/off and choose your ice size (small, medium...
- Insulated Storage Bin- The integrated storage bin is well-insulated and is able to hold...
- Easy Monitoring- Able to see through window allow for process monitoring & ice level...
- Portable unit - no drain required. Produces ice in as little as 10 minutes
- Produces up to 28 pounds of bullet shaped ice per day. Stores 2 1/2 pounds at one time
- Select 3 different ice cube sizes with soft touch control panel
- Compact size makes it ideal for kitchen counter tops, wet bars, break rooms and RV's
- Dimensions: 14 1/2" H x 11 3/4" W x 14 1/2" D; PLEASE NOTE: While well insulated; this ice...
Portable Ice Machine and Manual
All portable ice machines have a manual attached. You can utilize basic structural diagram to identify the parts and their functions. You can remove the cover outside to view the radiator coils and easily clean them using a small brush or a vacuum cleaner. This is the best option to improve the performance of your machine. Always remember to switch off the power supply of the machine before you perform any cleaning operation or maintenance.
Much like your other appliances, portable ice machine needs regular care and cleaning. Commercial ice machines are mandated by law to be to clean on a regular schedule, since ice is considered as food. Customers of commercial ice machines will be served the best in food quality that will surely be appreciated.
Tips in proper maintenance of portable ice maker:
When you are always using your portable ice maker, you need to make sure that you clean and maintain in the right way. This guarantees you that you have an ice maker machine that can last for a pretty much long time. This user-friendly ice maker is quite easy to operate and manage. Just switch on the unit, pour water in the reservoir and your high-quality ice cubes are on its way. Just follow the easy maintenance tips.
• Check absolute cleanliness of water in the inflow pipe.
The high mineral content of the water being used can accumulate lots of sediments and clog the pipe. Probably a filter in place will enhance the service. Make sure that you regularly check this one. It is also recommended that you regularly clean the filter of your ice machine.
• Keep the freezer at the right temperature.
Low temperature drives the machine to work hard in order to produce ice regularly. Working hard may exhaust and break down the machine. Read the complete details in the manual and the suggested temperature level. Adjust the temperature to the desired level for right maintenance.
• Clean the gasket regularly.
By cleaning the gasket, the machine is kept fully sealed or else ice will not be able to form properly. High temperatures inside the machine will also increase the use of power.
• Right of water pressure must be maintained.
Water pressure at the inlet has to be correct otherwise no ice will be produced.
• Ensure the right position of the machine.
If the floor is uneven then the machine is not standing at the right level. Adjust it properly or no ice will be produced.
• Get the machine serviced at regularly.
Expert regular services to the machine immediately alleviate various problems and they will be identified as soon as they occur. Preventive maintenance is expensive but helps save money on future repair bills and time.
Clean your portable ice maker:
(1) Empty and unplug; (2) Remove the ice tray; (3) Clean and wipe the tray; (4) Replaced simply the ice tray within the machine; (6) Run a cleaning cycle; (7) Run a normal cycle; and (7) Clean the exterior.
Here are symptoms that it’s time to clean your ice maker: ice produced changed in appearance, size and taste. Recommend time for cleaning is every three to six months for optimal performance. You can consult your owner’s manual on how to clean automatic machine. For the manual version, follow the steps listed to help you get a good start on keeping your machine clean. There are different cleaning solutions that you can use to clean your portable ice maker. Some would use vinegar while the others would use lemon with water. But you should also be careful since they can damage the machine like when you use vinegar. So, it helps that you use a cleaning solution as you are guaranteed that it is safe to use.
- Safely removes scales and deposits on freestanding icemakers
- May be used on bin, evaporator and other parts
- Manufacturer model number 4396808
- This is an O.E.M authorized part
- Fits various whirlpool models
- O.E.M part number 4396808
- This is a Whirlpool replacement part
- Part Number 4396808
- Why Pay More for the Same Cleaner - Our Ice Machine Clean is a similar formula as...
- Enviromentally Friendly and Safe - Our Ice Machine Cleaner is Low in Phosphates, Zero...
- Highly Concentrated and Low Foaming - Ice Machine Clean is Superior at Cleaning Lime Scale...
- Save Time and Money - Clean Ice Machines are Becoming More Important as Food and Health...
- Buy with Confidence - We Believe in Our Products and are Knowledgeable. Ice Machine Clean...
For the past decades, portable ice machines have earned its place as the best services as portable and small appliances. The material of the device is durable. The See-through window and blue LCD display provides optimal viewing. All its features are great in producing lots of ice, especially during hot days. There even a push-button control and side-mounted drain. Expect more than 50 lbs. of ice each day.
Like any other machine that you own, regular maintenance and cleaning will help keep your ice maker in great working condition. Portable ice machine guarantees an endless supply of ice for whatever purpose and benefits. By following these preventive maintenance tips, you can now prevent minor problems that usually occur because of poor maintenance and use.