The Four Kinds of Cocktail Ice You Need to Throw the Perfect Cocktail Party
There’s nothing more refined, and sophisticated, than throwing a cocktail party. Beer and wine are fine and fun, but nothing says that you’re an accomplished adult more than a cocktail party. It’s the place where a faint piano plays, and glasses lightly clink, and all the conversation is highbrow.
From the time that you were little, too little to even know what a cocktail actually was, you knew that cocktail parties were something fancy that adults did. Now’s your chance to be that fancy adult, and throw the best parties around.
You’ve got your carefully curated drink recipes. You’ve spent days tweaking your party playlist. You sent out real invites, through the mail, with a stamp, and everything. You spent a small fortune on liquor, and mixers. The stage is perfectly set for quite possibly the best cocktail party ever thrown, outside of 1950’s Hollywood, but there’s still one thing you’re forgetting.
- STEP UP YOUR COCKTAIL GAME - All professional bartenders agree that ice is the most important ingredient in any cocktail. With clear and slow-melting ice balls, your cocktails will look and taste better!
- LARGE SIZE SPHERES - The large spheres (2.35" in diameter) fits perfect in a standard Old Fashioned glass.
- PERFECT CLARITY THROUGH DIRECTIONAL FREEZING - Advanced directional freezing energy pushes out all air-bubbles and creates clear and slow-melting ice, making your cocktail look and taste better (using only normal tap-water). This technology has never before been available at this price-point!
- FDA-APPROVED EASY-TO-HANDLE SILICONE TRAY - Made from durable & flexible silicone which is FDA-approved, tasteless, chemical free and BPA free.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - We know you'll love it and guarantee the quality of our product with 100% No Risk Money Back Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
- 2x CUBED ICE Maker Large Cube Square Tray Molds Whiskey Ball Cocktail Big 2"x2". ORANGE
- Each IZE Ice Cube mold tray will make 8 blocks of ice at a time. Ice cube size is approximately 2" x 2" x 2". Ice cube fits perfectly in any glass or pitcher.
- IZE Cube mold tray is BPA free. IZE Cube mold tray is Reuasble
- IZE Cube mold tray is Stackable - Easy to store
- IZE Cube mold tray is Dishwasher, freezer, microwave and oven safe
- • Uses gravity and the thermal conductivity of aluminum to quickly shape a perfect sphere of ice
- • Comes with 2.5in Ice Cube Tray
- • Made of anodized aluminum with silver finish
- • Produces 55mm ice balls which fit a single rocks glass
The Four Kinds of Cocktail Ice You Need for a True Cocktail Party
The ice you use is as much a part of the drink as the liquor, and the glass. That means that the ice requires just as much thought, and care.
Cocktail parties are no place for plastic trays of ordinary, cloudy cubes, or for lumps of gas station ice that you break apart with a hammer. Cocktail parties require specialty ice, and here are the four kinds you need to throw the perfect party.
1. Cubed Ice
You probably call all of your ice, ice cubes. There are so many types of ice, and yet you probably call all of them ice cubes. What a shame. While you’re filling ordinary trays full of lumpy rectangular-ish globs, you’re missing out on the classic cube shape.
A true ice cube brings poise, and balance to a cocktail. The compact, and symmetrical shape is oddly comforting as it sits nestled in a glass. Even the sound of the cubes clinking in the glass is more sophisticated, and the proportion elevates each glass to a work of art.
That may seem like a lot of nuance for a tray of ice cubes to carry off, but once you make the switch, you’ll never go back.
2. Crushed Ice
Crushed ice is the perfect companion to so many of your favorite drinks. It absorbs both flavors and colors easily, so it’s perfect for bright and fruity drinks. Mojitos, juleps of any kind, Moscow mules, and a long list of swizzle drinks, all work perfectly with crushed ice.
Lucky for you, crushed ice is pretty easy to obtain. In a pinch you can make it with a Ziploc bag and a hammer, but there are other more refined ways too. Manual ice crushers like this Innovee model make it easy to crush ice wherever you are, without worrying about an outlet.
Think of it as small-batch ice to go with your small-batch liquor. Instead of crushing pounds and pounds of ice, and letting it sit in a champagne bucket clumping together, you can crush ice for a few drinks at a time. Bartending at your cocktail party will be fun, and with stainless steel blades, you won’t even have to break a sweat.
- Makes six, huge 2 inch (50 mm) ice cubes that let you see right through your drink
- Large pieces of ice keep your drink colder longer, and dilute them more slowly
- Great conversation starter. Your guests won't believe it's real ice
- Built to last of Food-Grade materials, we'll replace it if it breaks
- Designed in Pittsburgh, PA, USA; made possible by backers on IndieGogo
- Material: pp plastic
- Mold Size:24.5x9x3.5cm----Ice size：2x2x2cm
- Color: random
- Package Include: 1x 2 sets of ice cubes (without retail package)
- This listing include 1pc Ice Cube Molds,the other accessories (if any) are not included.
- ITEM DESCRIPTION Get creative and have fun with large flavored ice cubes, delicious frozen goodies and more Trays are 100% silicone and BPA free so there's never a worry about allergies or toxic chemicals. 2" cubes fit perfectly in any glass or pitcher, and melt slower to reduce watered-down, diluted drinks. Larger trays are the ideal size for many other uses as well; fun water-flavorings, herb mixtures to use in cooking, freezing stock, milk, coffee, and much more! Durable yet flexible for easy ice removal - no more fighting with stubborn trays that crack or refuse to release your cubes. Say Goodbye To Watered-Down Drinks & Say Hello To Flavor & Fun It doesn't matter if you're serving lemonade to the after-school crowd or Scotch to your dinner party guests, the last thing anyone wants is a watered down beverage. But that's just what most ice cubes are designed to do. Because they're small, ice cubes melt quickly, which means that, unless you drink that soda fast, you'll be left with a glass full of mostly water. The key to preventing a watery disaster lies in the cube. The larger your ice, the slower it is to melt, resulting in a drink you can savor, rather than gulp. Here's another trick: make your cubes from the beverage itself. Iced coffee is far more enjoyable with a coffee cube rather than plain ice. Frozen cranberry juice adds a delicious twist to a pitcher of lemonade and won't water it down. - Stackable style saves space in your freezer - Each tray makes six large cubes - Backed by our worry-free, money-back guarantee - Dishwasher, freezer, microwave and oven safe Don't buy imitations, our original ICE-X ice ball makers will last a lifetime. Included: 1 - ICE-X3 Cubed Ice Mold measurements: 2" inches deep (x) 1 7/8" inches width (x) 1 7/8" inches width
3. Cracked Ice
To make a truly specialty ice drink, you can use cracked ice. It’s a close relative of crushed ice, but you can make it yourself, and the pieces are slightly larger. All you need is a canvas, or heavy-duty bag, and a wooden mallet.
You place the ice in the bag, give it a few knocks with the mallet, and add it to your drinks. Your guests will get a thrill of this authentic process, and they’ll get a little entertainment along the way.
4. Ice Molds
Nothing looks better in a glass of whiskey than one single, solitary, crystal clear, mammoth ice cube. It sits like a partially submerged iceberg in a sea of warm amber liquid. It’s beautiful. It’s almost too beautiful to drink.
Of course if you let this beautiful glass of whiskey sit for too long, you risk the ice diluting the flavor. Or at least, that was the old worry. With the help of science, and ice molds, you can sip your whiskey slowly, the way it should be, and you won’t have to worry about the whiskey getting watered down.
That’s because the ice molds, like this one here, are insulated, and they help form a denser ice cube. This denseness, coupled with its larger size, is what causes the ice to actually melt slower.
Ice molds are available in a variety of sizes, and their rubber, or silicone bases make them easy to work with. You can use them with plain tap water or a water purifier, and you get clear cubes that look great in all your drinks.
Ready to Conquer the World with Your Cocktail Ice
- LARGE Cocktail Cubes at 2.0 inches! Great Gift for Cocktail Lovers!
- Unique mold design for quick freeze times so you don't have to wait to enjoy your drinks.
- Super extended melting time (2+ hours!) which means no watered down taste.
- 2X the typical size of regular ice molds and BPA free which is great for drinks, soups, marinades, baby foods, & many other uses.
- SAY NO TO WATERED DOWN DRINKS: Whiskey Rounders knows how disappointing a watered down cocktail can be. Say no to fast melting ice cubes and hello to sphere ice cube molds!
- MAKE 6 COCKTAIL ICE SPHERES AT ONCE: Our whiskey ice cube spheres allow you to make six at once so that every drink can have the ball ice it needs to stay cold and strong.
- GREAT FOR DINNER PARTIES AND COCKTAIL HOURS: Adding a big ice sphere to any straight or mixed drink is a great way to keep everyone happy at your next get together.
- WORLD GLOBE EMBOSSING FOR SOPHISTICATED TOUCH: Whiskey Rounders ball ice cube molds use silicone that is subtly embossed with the world globe for an added fancy flair.
- READY TO WRAP WITH GREAT GIFT PACKAGING: Give Whiskey Rounders sphere ice molds to any bourbon or whiskey lover! Our gift packaging makes them look as great as your drinks will taste.
- BECOME THE ARTIST OF THE COCKTAIL by providing crystal clear, slow melting, 2.36" ice spheres with your cocktails.
- PERFECT SIZE ICE BALLS FOR STANDARD ROCKS GLASSES and other bar glassware - ice balls measure 2.36 inches in diameter
- PATENTED DESIGN with insulated case for slower freeze times and water reservoir for minerals to sink into...This is what makes crystal clear ice.
- FDA APPROVED - made only with BPA free and food grade materials
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED Ice Cubist knows you will love providing crystal clear ice spheres from the Crystal Clear Ice Ball Maker as much as we do. In fact, if you are not completely satisfied for any reason, just return it within 30 days for a full refund
Once you add these four types of cocktail ice to your repertoire, your cocktails parties will be legendary, and you’ll be unstoppable. That’s not a bad trade-off for a well-stocked bar.
Meta Keywords: Bartending, Ice Drink, Cracked Ice, Types of ice
Meta Title: The Four Kinds of Cocktail Ice You Need To Throw The Perfect Cocktail Party